Our transformative year-round program improves academic skills, exposes youth to a range of natural environments and wilderness experiences, and inspires the confidence they need to envision and accomplish goals, succeed in high school, attend college, and become engaged, empowered citizens. ARC currently has two program sites, serving Northern and Central California youth in the Tahoe/Truckee area and the Central Valley. Our outdoor programming is based out of the Sagehen Creek Field Station and the Yosemite Field Station.
Summer Immersion Course
Our summer immersion course is an exciting opportunity for high school youth who are ready for a challenge and the experience of a lifetime. When not out on an expedition, they spend their days at our base camps improving their leadership and literacy skills and learning about the environment. This is an exciting and transformational course designed for motivated high school students, excited to learn and excited to be in the outdoors! All participants who complete this course with excellence are eligible to receive High School English Elective Credits. Full and partial scholarships are available to all applicants.
- Contact us with questions!
- Want to learn more? Read about our 2016 Yosemite 40-day course in the Fresno Bee.
Some of the amazing opportunities our participants experience:
- Improving writing and public speaking skills
- Rock climbing
- Whitewater rafting
- Ropes course
- Developing leadership skills
Academic Year Opportunities
ARC provides year-round support to high school youth, supporting them in finding success in high school, college, and beyond. We offer FREE academic support and workshops at both our Tahoe/Truckee and Merced County program sites.
- Check out the current schedule on our Facebook page!
Here are just a few examples of the things you’ll get to do each month:
- Weekend Retreats to Yosemite National Park and beyond
- College Prep and writing workshops
- College tours
- Individualized tutoring and mentoring
- Leadership development and team-building
- Outdoor activities such as kayaking, rock climbing, snowboarding, skiing, and hiking
ARC is currently hiring – Please click the link below to view the Job Posting.
“Being in the wilderness has calmed me down and taught me not to take everything for granted. I want to protect the parks and make sure everything isn’t urbanized. We need to work with nature instead of against it.”
“ARC has taught me to take challenges and do well in school. It allowed me to create a goal to graduate and attend a 4-year university. It opened my eyes and I realized that education is the key to success.”
“After ARC I noticed there has been a huge diference in me. It is easier for me to speak in front of the public. It feels awesome to be able to not be afraid to say what you want to say when you think you need to. I definitely thank you for giving me the oportunity to gain all the skills that I learned at ARC.”
Scenes from the Summer Course
- 2016 Memory Book
- 2015 Memory Book
- 2014 Memory Book
- 2013 Yosemite Memory Book
- 2013 Truckee/Tahoe Memory Book
- 2012 Yosemite Memory Book
- 2012 Truckee/Tahoe Memory Book
- 2011 Yosemite Memory Book
- 2011 Truckee/Tahoe Memory Book
- 2010 Yosemite Memory Book
- 2010 Truckee/Tahoe Memory Book
- 2009 Yosemite Memory Book
- 2009 Truckee/Tahoe Memory Book
- 2008 Santa Barbara Memory Book
- 2008 Tahoe/Truckee Memory Book
- 2007 Santa Barbara Memory Book
- 2007 Tahoe/Truckee Memory Book
- 2006 Memory Book
- 2005 Memory Book
- 2004 Memory Book